Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 1 in Uganda

We have made it through our first day with the boys. On one hand it feels like we have been with them forever and on the other hand there is still so much we don't know yet so it feels brand new. So here are a few of the things we learned about our boys today...
They both are right handed
They both are excellent eaters...and both don't like the skins on their apples
Nathaniel is all muscle and a born athlete. I think he'll be playing fall soccer
Nathaniel's English is very good. He understands almost everything we say. He knows his colors, letters, numbers & shapes in English
Nathaniel is already a tech junkie...We are having to put time limits on his time on the kindle :-)
I greatly underestimated how tiny Elijah is. I brought 3 T clothes for him & they are falling off. Our friends brought their 3 year old and he towers over Elijah.
Elijah likes to sit down and color and has great coordination for his age (artist maybe?)
Elijah's new favorite word is Mommy... which is followed by lots of other words in Luganda
Elijah has a wonderful giggle
Nathaniel is a wonderful big brother who has compassion on all the other young children

Tomorrow is our court appearance and our medical appt. Please pray for both things as well as our passports and visas which are the next big things we need to do in order to bring the boys home.

2 comments:

Nadia said...

It melts my heart to read this!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys and we are praying for you and your boys!
xx

Anonymous said...

I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

For Such a Time as This

The Bible is full of stories of men and women who could not have done the great things God called them to without going through previous tr...